I’ve put on grips for 30 years, and while I don’t know much in life, I know how to tackle this… I’ve tried every method possible over time. Here’s both the best, and easiest way to get fresh grips on right.
(1) Clean the bars and throttle tube with acetone.
(2) Lightly spray some White Rain hair spray into the grip.
(3) Easily slide it onto the bar.
(4) Let it dry over night without messing with it.
(5) Safety wire both ends of the grip.
Done. No glue. No fight. No twisting. Stays forever. Order the safety wire and pliers. Low investment, and will prove their weight in gold over time.